I got invited out last night, and while I was worrying about everything I figured I needed to go in order to get out of this room and meet people. oh. my. goodness. I am SOOOO glad I went. We left around 10.30, Matt, another exchange student i met on the first day was outside and he mentioned something about "The union being the place to be" I told him this was true and that he should come. He said he wasn't a big drinker, and I told him I wasn't either... so he decided to go. Then A and J and two of A's friends. Matt said he would be our body guard. So we walk to the union pay 3 pounds, go through security and arrive at one of the three bars.
It took me about a half hour or so to break out of my shell. The guy Justin that I met was there with his girlfriend and her friend. They played some weird songs, but also some amazing songs. It kind of reminded me of home because of all the American music they played. I finally got on the dance floor and just had the time of my life!! I don't really dance, and I for sure wasn't dressed up or had make up... I had been crying for an hour, so I probably didn't look that great, but oh well. Justin's girlfriend, Sarah and her friend, Heather are so hilarious. I really had a great time with them. We are supposed to go shopping on Friday, so I am excited about that. Around 12.30 Heather, Justins's girlfriend's friend bought me a snakebite. I guess it is a beer and something else. But either way it was delicious. Matt even sucked it up and had a beer too. We danced and sang to the songs we knew and just had a great time. We left around 1.45 because I was tired, Matt was tired and him and I both have class this morning. I have about an hour before I need to leave for class. But I woke up without a hangover and remembered a great night. My ears were ringing for who knows how long last night, but it was such a great time. I am really, really glad I went... I met a few new people and just forgot about the stuff that worries me and HAD A GOOD TIME. I think I really needed that, and I am very glad I didn't just stay here and read. Next time though, I am dressing up a little more and putting some make up on.
That was the excitement of my night. It was nice to let lose and dance (even though I don't know how to) and just meet new people and sing at the top of my lungs. Jackie even let loose... she had two drinks and was dancing... Jackie doesnt dance, so it was nice... we both came out of our shells last night and I couldn't be more happy. I have stepped back into communication with people!!
1 comment:
How fun! It sounds like you had a great time. Oh no snakebites.ssssss
Post a Comment