Right now, it is dark, windy, rainy, and cold. The wind is being obnoxious and it even woke me up this morning. I went out earlier before it got this bad to get some money, buy some cooking stuff, and buy chicken and sauce to make me some lunch/dinner for the next couple of days. Now this is just unpleasant and I have class in an hour. I don't want to walk in this, but alas, I have to.
This week looks pretty damn good. I have all my reading done for the week, and I have about 100 pages left in Pride & Prejudice, which is not due until next week, but I need to start Middlemarch as soon as possible, especially since it is 800+ pages, and I am sure it will bore me. So, all the things are checked off on my planner as far as reading goes. I am going to start one of my essay's that is due on the 15th of March. 2000 words, which is not that bad... after writing my 20 page paper, I am fairly certain I can handle a 2000 word paper. Plus, he gave us questions/prompts that we get to choose from, so that is nice. And on Saturday we go to Liverpool for the day. Where The Beatles started! I am sure there will be loads of tourist attractions and stuff. Plus, all my friends are going, so it will be a good time.
I am planning a trip to Dublin, Ireland for the 9th of March through the 12th. I found round trip plane tickets for 57.57 GBP which equals $112.28 and then hostels for the three nights range from 20-60 GBP. So, I figure 250 GBP will do me well. Equals about $500.00. Hopefully that will work out. So far Matt and I for sure are going, and we are waiting for Jackie to decide if she wants to go and to ask a couple of other people. If not Ireland now, I would like to go up to Glasgow in Scotland. it is only a 4 hour train ride, and you get to see amazing scenery. So either way, I am planning on doing a trip very soon.
It took me three hours to do my laundry. I am never waiting three weeks to do my laundry ever again. They only have three washers and three dryers for 300 kids. But now I have fresh clothes that don't smell like smoke.
We did Karaoke this Saturday! It was so much fun. Although, I could tell we were not a priority considering the guy/owner of the place would let all his friends go, and then let the Americans go. Plus, we did American songs-- "when you were young" and "somebody told me" by the killers. it was a lot of fun, and even though there were only about 15 people max at the bar, I did it. First time, and I was scared! haha. But we all know how shy I am when I get on stage! ;0)
Other than that, not a whole hell of a lot going on. Might go out tonight, but I think Wednesday's might be night to go out. Who knows. It is only 3.40, so the day is still young.
No comments:
Post a Comment