Monday, February 19, 2007

parallels

Today has been a boring day. Monday's involve me doing not a lot until 5.30 when I walk to class and learn about Contemporary Literature post 1945. I started walking to the post this morning but turned around when it started raining on me. It is a cloudy day (not surprising) which makes me sleepy and want to just be in bed all day watching movies. Too bad I don't have movies to actually watch, but oh well.

Tomorrow I am going to my friends place to eat some Chinese food (lets hope it is good) and make plans for Easter break. The three countries we are going to try and get to are Greece, Spain, and Italy. I hope we can do all three, but Spain and Italy will be OK if we just go there. We both know someone in each of the countries, so we can have a tour guide.

In the evening last night I got really sad. Some people here are rude and just don't get me. I guess that is to be expected because all the friends I have made here are new ones that I have only known for three weeks. But yesterday I just started crying because I miss my friend Samantha dearly. I think she is the only person I miss right now. It sucks that my best friend is 7,000 miles away, experiencing this with another close friend. I do get jealous because Ashley is with Samantha, but I also know that it is good that Samantha and I are doing this and in different places. It just sucks that the one person who knows you inside and out isn't around. I guess it has a lot to do with the familiarity thing. Today is better, but sometimes I could just use that one friend that changes your entire mood by just saying hi or laughing.

Last night, I also tried to put in earrings into my second hole and they closed up! So, me being stupid just shoved them right through. The right one was a lot harder than the left, but they are both in now. So my right ear hurts a bit today, but my left one seems fine.

That is about it. I have watched the last episode of Grey's Anatomy about 6 times now. I have nothing else to watch, so I just stream it off the net. Oh well... at least I will be well prepared for this weeks!

No comments: