We went out again last night thanks to getting most drinks for about 1 pound. I had one and was spinning a little bit. I went with Andreea and Jackie again, then met some of the other exchange students there. (I hate that my glasses make me look like I have a screwed up eye sometimes)Tonight was "70's night" and everyone could dress up as hippies and get in free. But, not a lot of people did it, and they were playing all this god damn disko music and the DJ would just start talking in the middle of a good song and just freakin' ruin it. Jackie and I left around midnight because we wanted pizza and french fries/onion rings. So we walk to asda and buy all this food and go back to the dorm and make it. On our way there, we went by Matt's room to see if he wanted to join us for our feast.
Can I just mention now, that I am a complete idiot sometimes? I was left to heat the oven and put the pizza in there. Well, I turned it on and there are two levels with two different doors. I automatically thought we would use the top part because usually the bottom is like a broiler. After 20 minutes I said "I can't smell the pizza" and Matt opens the oven door and says "The bottom one is the one that is hot... not the top" SOOOO, I pretty much rock at this game. We moved the pizzas down and waited again. We were all talking and having a good time... getting to know each other. It was loads of fun. A lot of the exchange students are going into Birmingham about now, and Matt, Jackie and I didnt really want to go, so we were searching for things to do today... until about 4.30 in the morning. haha. We figured out that we wanted to go somewhere... I can't remember, but I don't think it is going to happen. We wanted to go see a castle somewhere, and we found one that would be open today, but who knows when they will wake up.
I woke up at 10 in the morning and just told myself I wasn't allowed to sleep all day. So I got dressed, did some reading and then went to ASDA to buy much needed food. Well, the thing with ASDA is that it is like an England Walmart so it is cheap and has everything. DON'T GO ON A SATURDAY MORNING! When we went last night was an ideal time, but shopping at midnight doesn't sound like too much fun. Anyway, I got some food that will last me awhile and am now here, writing for your viewing pleasure.
The sun is out again today. TWO DAYS in a row now. Pretty amazing. The one thing that screws me up though is that even though it is 1pm here, it still looks like it is about 9 am. Oh, and last night since we were up so late... I came back into my room and there was all this fog. It reminded me of San Francisco when I would stay with my aunt while I was younger. I opened my window and just stood there smelling it.
ALSO! There are these FREAKIN' birds that only CHIRP at NIGHT, and it SCREWS WITH YOUR MIND. HOLY MANOLY. I wanted to get a shotgun and just start killing them. It was ridiculous. I never hear them because my room is next to the construction and there are no trees around, but the kitchen we were in last night had them and you could hear them. We heard them Wednesday as well. Seriously though... they only come out and chirp in the middle of the night. it is enough to drive you crazy.
I have given up reading Robinson Crusoe. I got to about 150 and couldn't take it anymore. Spark notes will just have to work, because I can't handle reading the way Daniel Defoe writes. Granted, that is how they wrote in the time... but seriously... no.
If we go anywhere, I will let you know and will tell you if I uploaded new pictures. Have a great weekend.
Cheers!
2 comments:
I am messed up on your time and I am not even in England. How cool! I want to go out and make cold pizza at midnight. Glad you are smiling!
ya look lovely and happy...yea
Post a Comment