I have decided to post a picture with every blog I write. Maybe I will post two or three pictures in a single blog. Depends on my mood. But today, I will post another one a little later on.
Sunday consisted of going to a little cafe, getting a cup of tea and a cookie while reading/writing. It was very delightful and being in a different atmosphere was welcomed. I really do love this little town. Perhaps more than I love Flagstaff. It does remind me a lot of Flagstaff but there is something so different here. I am very glad I picked this little city, even though it isn't that little. But compared to the other cities I had the option of, this one fits me very well.
I can't help but smile every time I wake up and open my windows. This is my lovely view. Even though there is construction to my left, I try to avoid looking over there. When I wake up I immediately open my blinds and smile. I mean honestly... who wouldn't??
I don't have any class today. So I went to a little cafe (different than the one i mentioned before) and had one of the best fruit scones with jam and cream ever. The coffee wasn't that great, but the scone made up for it. I refuse to go to the same cafe more than once until I have been to all of the ones that are around.
My computer/desk is in front of one of my bulletin boards, on it are pictures of the ones i cherish, letters/poems from my dear ones and notes I have made myself to help me get through the hard times. I like the one that says "You're in ENGLAND!" because it is so true. I am in England and I love it. Since early last week, I have not felt homesick, granted I was having such a hard time with people trying to respond to me that it was just freaking me out. Going on week three, and I am happier now than I was when I first got here. I do however miss my friend Samantha dearly. She's my lesbian girlfriend and she too is having this experience in Mexico. I see the picture of Samantha, Ashley, Gia and myself everyday because it sits in its frame right next to my desk. It reminds me of all the good memories and the ones that have still yet to be made!
I plan on trying to finish The House of Mirth today. I have about 100 pages left. I am already sick of reading?! How weird is that?? I think it is because I can't really enjoy the novels because I have a deadline and another novel after that to read. I am sure I will do a re-reading of a couple of these books once school is out. Also... something that is weird. All my classes stop at the end of April, but I have tests on the 22nd of May and the 25th of May. So I am assuming there is no class, that one is to write and study for the exam/final papers.
Other than that, not too much happening. Tuesdays will probably be the most boring days. Everyone has class except me. Wednesday however, will be busy. I go from 10am to 5pm. only two classes too. how strange. three hours of hell for each class. I don't know about you, but my ass hurts after about an hour of sitting in the same place. I might go to the Lake District this weekend with my friend Brittney who is in Essex. I guess it is supposed to be this huge forest thing with mountains, beaches, lakes, etc. etc. So hopefully that will work out. It is near Scotland. I bought a big map of England and hung it up and put a little tack of where Wolverhampton is... It is nice to look at everyday. :0)
Cheers!!
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you. Holding this experience with two arms around it. I love all the photos and cant wait to see more.
YOUR IN ENGLAND!
Post a Comment