Thursday, February 22, 2007

The most amazing night YET!

Last night was by far the BEST night that I have had while I have been here. Usually Wednesday nights are a huge thing for the international students, but last night there was maybe 10 of us, if that. It was a lot of fun and it was nice to have a smaller group. My lovely friend Heather and I went to ASDA before the SU (student union) so we could just buy some drinks there for cheap to get the night started. We got these rainbow show things, and they were pretty horrible. haha. At least now we know not to get those. Heather got a call from Sarah, saying that no one was going to the SU, but we were determined to go and have a great time. So we hung out, got Matt and Jackie up here to my room and then left around 10.15 towards the SU. It is only about a 10 minute walk, if that. We get there and it is DEAD. I had never seen it so dead before. Granted, it was only like 10.20-10.30, but I was a little worried that this was how the evening was going to be. Heather and I decided to get a drink and just sit down and watch people and talk. Around 11.15ish people started coming in and people started dancing, so the next song that we all knew, we all went up and started dancing. The one thing I hate is that it gets sooooo bloody hot you have to sit down after awhile. Anyway, Heather, Jackie, Matt and myself were having a great time; dancing, singing, just being ridiculous. This is heather, the koala, me and jackie in the middle of the night. Ha-ha. We are rock stars.
Anyway, after they stopped playing American songs and the bar was closed we decided to leave. It was about 2.30 I think. We all walked Heather home because she doesn't live in the same hall of residence we all do, and I for sure didn't want her walking her drunk ass home. After that, we all came back here and went our separate ways. And as soon as I get done and lay in bed, the FIRE ALARM GOES OFF! No joke, this is getting ridiculous. it was 4 in the bloody morning and I was drunk. I was really tempted to stay in bed and just forget about it because it is just people being stupid... but you never know! And I was filled with alcohol so I would have burned reeeeaaallll quick. So I make my way downstairs and outside... it is raining and very cold. Matt, Jackie and I are hanging out and talking. We finally get back in around 4.20ish. I walked up the stairs, opened my door, took off my jacket and just plopped on my bed.
I woke up this morning at 11am. I can't sleep past 11, which is ok with me I guess, but it does kind of blow. But last night was AMAZING. I am so glad it was a small group and that Heather still wanted to go because she is pretty much one of my BFFL's now (best friend for life). We like the same music and we are ok with looking like fools and just having a great time. I look forward to Italy with her. It will be a lot of fun.
If you go to my picture page, and look under "wolverhampton friends" the new pictures of last night start at the very end of the 1st page to the second page.
Today, Heather and I are going shopping. We need to get backpacking backpacks and some other little things. People like Heather make me really glad I came here and she is a really great person. We're pretty tight!!

No comments: