I have been craving a skippy creamy peanut butter with banana sandwich for about two weeks now. I could easily solve this problem by going to ASDA and buying peanut butter, but the British don't get good peanut butter. Therefore, I refuse to spend 2 pounds on peanut butter that tastes awful in my mouth. I could easily live off peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Well, maybe not, but I could at least go a week with just eating them.
It is cloudy today, and it makes me not want to do anything that involves outdoors. Which, luckily for me doesn't need to happen. I don't have any class today, and the only plans I actually have are with Heather and Jackie this evening so we can plan our Italy trip and book plane tickets and stuff. Jackie knows more about hostels than Heather and I combined, so that will probably be her job. Heather and I will get the plane tickets and find the cheapest ones. I am hoping that at the most, I will only spend $1,000. I am perfectly ok with spending less than that, but I fear it might not happen. With the exchange rate being so stupid... but the euro is a little cheaper than the pound, but it still blows. I think the euro is like 1.75 or something... so it isn't as bad as the pound. We figure we would spend maybe 300-400 bucks on all our air traveling, around 300-400 bucks on hostels... oi. Just thinking about all the money that is going to be leaving my account makes me sick. I hate spending money... I like the amount that is in my back account right now. But, this is an amazing opportunity and I may not be able to go for my Aunt's birthday next year. So, I need to take advantage while I am over here and it is cheaper for me to get places.
I am almost done with my first paper. I have about 800 more words left until I feel it is acceptable to stop. I am going to print it out and go to my professors office on Thursday and go "Hey, I am an exchange student, and I don't know how you guys view writing, but here is the draft of my completed paper... tell me what you think" and hopefully he will help me out. It isn't due until the 15th, but I want to get this done because I have one due on the 19th. And the one that is due on the 19th, is like a research paper in a way. I have to use sources to describe what I am talking about within two plays. Goodness. How ridiculous.
I leave in exactly 14 weeks and one day. Sad that I know this? Yes. But, sometimes I just get really sad for my friends. I don't really miss my extended family because we all live in different states anyway, but my friends are the one thing that I miss. And certain foods, but that doesn't count. Oh, and what is really great... all my friends that I have made here are going to be gone on me 21st birthday. Yeah, I am going to be a loser, all by myself on my big 21st birthday. It doesn't really matter here, but it does blow that no one will be here to celebrate with me. :( oh well. I come back 10 days after it, so maybe I will celebrate it then.
I must get back to doing some writing. Or laundry. Those are my two goals for the day. Yeah, I have high goals. Don't be jealous.
No comments:
Post a Comment