
Yesterday I went down to Jackie's room because she bought the last episode of Grey's through Itunes... I needed to watch it. It has been too long. Then we were thinking of what to do. I totally forgot about this place my friend Andrew told me about called Star City in Birmingham. They have bowling, Laser tag, food, casino, shops... all really cool places. I was in the mood to play some Laser tag so that is what we decided. I made my excited little self to Matt's room to tell him what the deal was. He said he wanted to go, but his laundry is in the dryer so it would be awhile. I told him to just ring me when he was ready to go. I went back to Jackie's room and told her to get ready. I came back up here and read a bit before I got "the phone call" from Matt saying we need to go. We all meet downstairs and our journey begins.
Our first stop is at the Wolverhampton Art Exhibit which is free and had an Ireland collection and some amazing paintings done as late as the 1700's. It was a lot of fun and very beautiful. I love to get really close to the paintings to look at the way they stroked the brush because it says something about what they wanted to create. At least it does to me... probably due to my Art class I took.
Soon after we got done, we decide to take the metro instead of the train to Birmingham. Alllright, I had never been on the metro, and when I was walking around the little station to see where to buy tickets, there was this man. passed out. looked like he was dead. right there on the ground by the chairs at the waiting spot for the metro. Totally thought he was dead. Matt looked at him for awhile, and saw him breathe a little but it scared the shit out of me. I walked around the corner and these words came out of my mouth "oh fuck."
We got on the metro, which is loud as hell and has about 22 stops before we hit Birmingham. Matt thinks I am hilarious, so I pretty much like him. He told me that I am exactly like his sister... the hair, glasses, attitude (not in the bad way), personality, body mannerisms... so I can't help but think we are destined to become BFF's! haha. I have this thing now where I want to be BFF's with everyone. anyway.
We finally made it into Birmingham and then realized we had no idea how to get there. We start walking around and end up down by a university and we run into Andreea and her friend Alex at a restaurant. After telling them what we were planning to do, they decided to join in. Finally, after asking about 8 people we got into a cab and went there. Thank goodness we did because honestly, it was a 10 minute taxi ride. When we got there, that is when Andreea took the picture as seen above. I was STOKED!
For 5.50 we got to play 30minutes of this laser tag. We were all on the same team, so I couldn't really slaughter them, but we walked out and our team won and I was one of the top three players out of the 30 people. HELL YES I ROCK! It was sooo much fun. I would for sure do it again, and I am fairly certain we will go back because it was a blast. It was huge and there were so many little corners you could go into and hide and shoot people. Yeah, it was a lot of fun.
After we were done, we went to go find food, but people stop serving food at like 7pm, so we were screwed. We just came back here and went to ASDA again and bought some food to eat here. The evening was short lived and we didn't stay up that long... we all went back to our rooms about 10.30. I stayed up and watched episode 12 and 13 of grey's because i hadn't seen that george's dad dies and that everyone is purposing and shit. CRAZY!
I plan on staying in today and reading House of Mirth because I need to have it read by Thursday evening. And I haven't started it yet. So I am happy to say that the first part of the week has been forgotten and replaced with the best second half of the week ever. I am fairly certain this will keep up and I am very thankful for that. :0)
Cheers!
1 comment:
that matt is a cutie and I am glad you are having a rockin' good time. Enjoy the house of mirth
Post a Comment