Thursday, March 22, 2007

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.



Heather and I went and saw "Becoming Jane" tonight; the autobiography of Jane Austen. (Aunt Jeri- I HIGHLY recommend you go and see this.) It is amazing. I have obviously read Jane Austen and think her a genius. Pride and Prejudice by far my favorite novel as well as the movie that was just recently released. I want to read more about Jane Austen, I heard that there were some great autobiographies of her out there, it is just a matter of me trying to find a decent book store here. There is a Borders, but... I am not a fan of Borders all that much. Anyway, it was wonderful seeing a movie about one of the best women writers out there. Her and Virgina Woolf are my favorite female writers. I wont give any information about the movie except that I have never been so inspired. I have not done my own writing in two years, and while I know it is in me, I just don't find the inspiration now. I think perhaps since I am busy with school that my mind doesn't wonder like it usually does. I thought for sure I would get something here, but little did I know school would be so consuming. I have part of my "book" here with me... although I left the other half I have yet to type at home somewhere. Either way, I know it will come back to me. Perhaps taking a creative-non fiction capstone course next semester will get me going again.

I finally got to go to the park today, which is just brilliant!! It isn't as beautiful as the Shrewsbury garden I saw, but it was still nice. Today was the first sunny, semi-warm day, so after class Heather took me there. Lots of ducks, geese, a swan and little squirrels. Next time we are bringing bread and nuts--we felt bad for not having anything for them. Once the weather gets nicer, we plan on going there and doing reading and such. But who knows when the weather will get nice... probably not until we leave

1 comment:

Jeri said...

how might I do that????