Another week has started, and it makes number 8. This seems to be going by slowly. I know that as soon as Easter Break is over, it will speed along hastily.
I turned in my paper yesterday. I don't feel too confident about it, but I am fairly sure I will get a passing grade. I hope I get a passing grade. haha. I waited until the last minute because I have never actually done that before... I am the person that sees an assignment due and does it one or two weeks before it needs to be done so I can go and re-read it and edit things. So, I figure I would try and wait till the last minute to get inspiration for the paper. I got it, but it was more of a panic inspiration. I popped out 1500 words in about 2 hours. The thing about school here is that I don't feel like I am in school. I know that I wasn't technically here for school but for the experience and being able to travel, but I LOVE school. I get excited when the new semester starts. But here, I hate going to class because I feel it as a waste of time (although, I don't know what I would be doing if I didn't go to class). I am starting my paper that is not due until after Easter Break today when Heather and I go to the library. I just want to get a good start on it so I don't have to panic about it when I go on Easter Break. We all know how I let little things like that ruin experiences, and Italy needs to have all my attention. I am going to Italy in two weeks from today. That really is a crazy thought.
I have realized that I will come back home with more books than anything else. I am afraid to ship them home because of how much money it will be. I mean, it is 50 pence ($1.00) to send ONE post card. I packed half of them and they take up the bottom half of my suitcase. Good thing I have my backpacking backpack to shove all my clothes in. I am for sure cleaning out my wardrobe before I leave... I have two pairs of jeans that I have had for about a year that are absolute shit, so those will not be going home with me. I have been trying to keep up with my reading, but it is difficult that one professor assigns four 600+ paged books and expect us to have them read every two weeks. Especially with authors such as George Eliot, and Charles Dickens. As well as the other 12 novels I need to read. Not my cup of tea.
York this weekend. Excited but kind of scared, considering I have no idea what there is to do in York. Either way, it will be nice to get away from Wolverhampton for the day and eat chocolate covered raisins since that is the holiday on Saturday (Heather made a calender that has holidays on every day, and Saturday is chocolate covered raisin day). Yesterday was poultry day so we had chicken for dinner and Mr. Mash which is dried potato. Not too bad for England, but not homemade or the boxed kind I love at home. We do what we can.
Today seems like it will be a good day, weather wise. Yesterday and the day previous was wretched. It would be sunny out and then five minutes later there would be hail, lightning and thunder. Plus is was wicked cold and the wind about killed me walking home from class. Lets just hope the blue skies I see now will remain for the rest of the day.
The fourth Harry Potter tonight with Heather. We have watched the first three... She had never seen them, so I told her it was a must if she wanted to remain my friend. She likes them, so I am glad it isn't torture for her. I am off to start another day in the lovely England.
No comments:
Post a Comment