Sunday, March 25, 2007

a day in the town that smelt of cookies

Yesterday we went to York on our school trip. York was not the best trip so far... I liked the rich history and the oldness to it, but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. When we first leave the bus, Heather and I look at each other and go "it smells like cookies" and that smell taunted us the entire trip and we never found any! Very sad. Anyway, we made our way to the largest Gothic cathedral in the north and took some pictures. They wanted 7 pounds to do stuff inside of it so we decided to walk around a bit more. We made our way to the Castle Museum (don't let the name fool you... there was nothing about castles). We "went back in time to the Victorian ages" like it said. We saw the way people dressed when they were married, mourning a loved one, giving birth, etc. etc. Also learned about how people washed their clothes and the inventions for things like a toilet over time. It was very cool, but very long. By the time we were done with the first half I was ready to leave. Although, during the second half, we got to play outside. Jackie and I played a game of tic-tac-toe and did some hoola hooping. That was pretty much the highlight of the castle museum. After that, we decided to eat because we had an hour, so we found a wicked cheap cafe (which was like a dennys) and had some food. After our meal we headed back to the bus and got ready for the three hour bus ride home. I was exhausted but didn't sleep. Heather and I play DJ when we go on these trips. It is basically her taking my ipod and playing random songs. It is nice, because she usually picks songs that I have not heard in awhile.

Anyway, York was a nice day trip, but I have no need to go back to it. There are some pictures http://community.webshots.com/user/Kyrielynn6 but not many. Now it is homework day!! Also, I am not 8 hours ahead of everyone instead of 7. We do daylights saving time here, so now I am pretty much a whole day ahead of you :( That is the one thing that sucks... the time change. So you guys are all asleep considering it is only 3.40am. hahaha. and it is 11.40 here. oh jeez.

No comments: