Saturday, March 31, 2007

Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt... Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves.

Can I just say that this week has gone by at snail speed No joke... it feels like Sunday but it is only Saturday. I woke up an hour ago and I already know that it is going to be another looooong day. Sure, I could be reading the numerous books on my reading list for this semester, or writing the 2.5 papers for the end of the term, but that would require motivation, and I don't have any. School here is pathetic. Why are they so hard and strict on things, but yet they don't teach you or tell you or help you on something they want you to do. It makes no sense. No wonder 40% of freshman drop out of college here... it isn't because they are not motivated, it is because teaching here is wretched and not really teaching.

Italy is in a couple of days. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I am trying not to be the worry wort we all know I am, and so far I have done a pretty good job of it. My friend Jackie is bringing her laptop with us, so I may be able to post a blog or two or get some pictures up on the website I have, but I am making no promises. My camera card only holds 255 photos, so I will use all my photos probably in Venice and then will have to steal all the pictures Heather takes for the rest of the trip. And after Italy, we have about three more weeks of school and then Heather and I go to Dublin in May! Very excited about that. So I need to have all my papers done by May 8th. Which is fine because one is due the 18th of this month and I only have a couple more hundred words left, the next one is for my story of English class, where I had to pick 5 words and say when they were coined, where they come from, etc. etc. and that one is only 1500 words. I already have the words and an outline so I just need to write the paper. And then one more for my Contemp. Literature post 1945 class and he has not given us the questions yet, so I can't work on that one. As soon as I am done with my papers, I just have two exams on the 16th and 17th then I am done! And since I am coming home sooner, I am even more excited!! I also get to take the school trip to Llandudno in Wales. That trip is on the 19th of May, so the day before I leave! I am glad that I will be able to make that trip... I always wanted to go to Wales. When we get back from Spring Break, the following Saturday, the 21st, we are going to Oxford! Heather and I bought our ticket for it yesterday. I want to get a shirt. haha.

The sun is out today, so I might take advantage of the Wolverhampton Park. Hang out with the ducks and just soak up the sun. Who knows when it will come back!!

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Umm...I would like an oxford shirt