Saturday, May 5, 2007

I have a rock garden. Last week three of them died.

YAY! It is Saturday. Do the weekend dance with me.... This weekend is a good weekend. I can tell. It is the weekend before Dublin, and it is the weekend that I am determined to finish this last paper so I don't have to worry about it in Dublin. I am going to Dublin in three days!

I just finished House of Leaves. If you think you're a great reader, give this book a try. It will challenge you like no other book will ever challenge you. I want to buy his new book because it is just as confusing. All the people I know who have read this book finished it in months. I finished it in a week. It took over my life. I wanted nothing more than to sit down a read it. It even gave me nightmares!

Today was the Cambridge trip, and obviously I am not there. I didn't want to spend 20 dollars on a trip where I sit in a bus for three hours, stay in a town that has nothing to do unless you want to pay for everything, then come home completely exhausted and have another three hour bus ride. I would rather spend my time in the park, or doing this paper that I am putting off. I have the paper done, I just need to expand on it. I talked with my professor yesterday, and he said I just need to relate everything back to the definitions of realism. So about 2 or 3 hours left of this paper and I will be done. It is just wanting to sit here for two or three hours to do it that seems to be the problem.

I am going to be in the airport 11 hours on Saturday/Sunday before I leave on the 19th/20th. 11 HOURS. So, I was a little worried on what I was going to do, so Heather googled it (I love Google. it has an answer for EVERYTHING) and Birmingham International has free wireless. So, I get to sit on my computer for 11 hours on the Internet. I also bought three movies while I was here, so I am sure I will watch those.

I am getting excited for Dublin. Heather and I are going to have so much fun. And as soon as we get back, we have a week left until she leaves and about 9 days till I leave. We are having an early birthday dinner for me at my favorite pub here for our last fish and chips, followed by chocolate birthday cake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream and the sparkling wine my friend Hilary gave me. Then Tuesday, before Heather leaves, we are going to another favorite restaurant called Nandos where they give you fresh cooked chicken, and two sides of your choice. I am looking forward to it. We don't really go out to eat anymore, we always cook, so this will be a nice little treat.

It's a nice day outside, so I plan on going to the park. Might read one of the three books that I brought with me that I haven't read yet. I started Everything is Illuminated when I got here, so I might finish that. I also brought Invitation to a Beheading and Sense and Sensibility. I am sure I will finish these books by the time I leave. I will have so much spare time on my hands after this final and after my finals. I will need something to keep my mind occupied. Plus, they are all great books that I haven't been able to read yet. I am going to need a bigger bookshelf when I come home. My suitcase (it could fit a human) is mainly books. haha. I am addicted. And you know as soon as I get home I am going to head over to Barnes and Noble. :^)

May is a great month. Not only because I get to leave, but because it is my Grandma's birthday, mothers day, my birthday, and the end of the semester. Which means I will be a senior in college in two weeks! WOOHOO!!! Almost done... with the undergrad. Still a long ways to go.

No comments: