Monday, May 28, 2007

Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.

I finally have the time to write. I kept myself very busy the past week. It feels amazing to be home... Flagstaff has never been so amazing and beautiful to me before. I guess you realize how much you love a place after you leave it for so long.

As we know, my 21st birthday was spent traveling. What a loooooong journey THAT was. It sucked. I was nervous and freaking out the entire time on the 19th, thinking that my cab would be late (which it was), the bus would be late to the airport and I would miss my flight. Obviously nothing crazy happened which would make me miss my flight. When I got to the airport, the computers froze so I stood there fore about 20 minutes. I told the lady it was my birthday and I finally get to go home. She automatically got me a better seat and didn't charge me for the weight of my bag (the two bags=105 pounds). I get to the airport and I am finally hungry... Hadn't really had anything to eat for three days because that is what I do when I worry. So I grabbed something to eat before my flight and went to the gate and waited. The flight from Birmingham to Newark was so long. I got about 2 hours of sleep... I arrived in Newark and was so exhausted, but excited. However, figuring out that airport is stupid and annoying. It is a horrible airport. Anyway, I went to the desk where I could change my flight, paid the $25.00 to get the earlier flight from there to phoenix and just waited. As soon as I got on that airplane I started to get more anxious. I was sitting in the MIDDLE (i HATE the middle) and the two guys that I was sitting next to were both fidgeting and moving their legs all over the place. That flight was long too... I thought we would never make it! But we arrived about 15 minutes ahead of schedule. I got off the plane and started making my way to baggage claim and where I figured my mom and stephanie would be. and they were there!!!! Oh my god, it was amazing to see my momma and my best friend. Best feeling in the world (besides my mom hugging me so hard i thought i would die). But it was great. There are no words to describe how amazing it felt to be back home. We got my luggage and made out way to In-n-out. I got me my grilled cheese and rootbeer. It was DELICIOUS. After dinner we made the 2.5 drive to Flagstaff. At this point I have been up for three days England time, so I was exhausted. And of course once I get home, I couldn't sleep. Eventually I fell asleep and woke up at 5.30am. haha. I immediately started unpacking. I hate having my stuff in a suitcase, so since everyone was asleep, I figured I might as well start packing and keeping myself busy. Monday was spent running errands, DRIVING!, buying things, and just hanging out. I didn't take a nap even though I was tired because taking a nap would not help the jet lag. And I don't think I actually had jet leg. It took me about 3 days to get back to normal and not feeling tired during the day, but I went to bed by 8-9 and woke up 7-8 in the morning. Not too bad.

This weekend I went to Vegas. We only went out once, and I only had one shot. I don't get too crazy. haha. We went to Lindsay's families cabin up in Utah. It was great to just get away and relax. It is so peaceful up there. I love Lindsay's family and of course Lindsay herself. It was great to see everyone and share stories. Her brothers band The Cab just got signed so they are going to record soon. www.myspace.com/thecabrock is their website. They only have one song up because Fueled by Ramen/Decaydance runs their site and doesn't want them to give away too much of their new album that is to come out early next year. I am so excited for them. They are just graduating high school and Lindsay's brother, Alex already has $30,000.00 because of publishing rights. Other bands that are on the label are Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Gym Class Hereos, The Academy Is... I am so excited for them, and they are playing a show this up coming weekend that I am going to attend. I have never seen them play before because I was in England.

Anyway, tomorrow I start work again.I am excited for the paycheck every two weeks. It will be nice to get back in the swing of things. Samantha comes back next Sunday, so I can't wait to see her!!! This summer is going to be fun. especially since I don't have to ruin it with school. But that has its positives and negatives.

I will probably start writing in the other blog http://kyriesnaulife.blogspot.com/ because this journey has come to a close. Unfortunately, I end this blog with an odd number, but perhaps I will write just one more sometime to even it out. Damn OCD.

No comments: