I am officially done with the semester. I just took my last final and killed it in an hour and fifteen minutes. Six pages of greatness.
My attitude is different today. I finally got good sleep (which I have been lacking) because of the Advil PM I took. A lovely 12.5 hours of sleep and I feel so refreshed. At times I still get a little blah, but I think that is normal. Now I get to sit around and do nothing for two days except for the little things I have said I will do to keep the days going by fast. If the weather is permitting tomorrow, I plan on taking my book, Invitation to a Beheading and going to the park after I do my laundry. If the weather isn't permitting, I will go to the free Art Museum that is just up the road which I tend to spend hours in. They have a new section called "Pop Art" and they even have an Andy Warhol piece that I love of Jackie O. after JFK got shot. (I have decided that when I move out, I am going to decorate my apartment with Andy Warhol prints). Hopefully the park on Saturday if I don't get to go tomorrow... and if I do get to go tomorrow, I will probably go again just so I am not sitting in my room tapping my knees trying not to piss my pants with excitement. hah
It is strange, now that I think about it that this whole experience is over. Granted, I am glad it is, but I don't want this to just be something that has happened. I know this is more than a memory... and I know I have grown to be a better person and was able to see the strength I don't usually allow myself to see when I am home. I am a lot stronger than I think I am, I just have to recognize that and believe in myself more. It is all a part of growing up, and I think, while I complain a lot about things, that I have grown up and matured. OBVIOUSLY these next few days are going to be me reflecting, and I will probably reflect for awhile after this... Stepping outside this place and looking back on it will make me realize a lot more.
It is almost 8 here... so I would like to say that I have two more days left. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment