Monday, April 16, 2007

i ain't ever going to understand

Woke up at 8.12am. Automatic alarm that I seem to be getting from my grandma. I can't sleep in for the life of me. Open windows and it is overcast. Shocking? Yes, actually. The past two/three days have been amazing. Even went to the park on Saturday and got a tan. However, this is England, and you cannot count on the weather to stay persistent. Made the bed and made my way to closet to get toilet paper (I steal toilet paper from the bathroom every time I go because we don't get toilet paper often... and I never want to not have any), make my hazy walk to the bathroom where I open the stall with a toilet that is covered in vomit... oh, and there is blood on the floor. not kidding. Go to the other stall, the toilet seat is broken off the toilet and is laying next to it. Not a great way to kick the new week off, but I debated about my options. 1. Clean the toilet with vomit, while vomiting on it again, which would result in still having puke on it. 2. Use the Toilet that doesn't have a seat... manage to not touch my bumbum on the actual toilet and not peeing all over myself. 3. Just walk a whole 15 seconds to the guy bathroom and suck it up.

Which would you choose?

I chose option number 3. Seriously, how do people do that? Don't they realize that they use the toilets too and puking over the only working toilet is not only disgusting but rude. I don't want to look at puke when I wake up in the morning... I have never had such disgusting living arrangements in my life. The hostel we stayed in in Rome was better than what I deal with here. I am glad I paid $2000 for a room that feels like a prison cell, a bathroom that gets cleaned once a week (when in fact it is supposed to be cleaned everyday) and OBNOXIOUS people laughing and talking at all hours of the morning.

Come back to my room, wash my face and plan out my day. I need to finish Beloved by Toni Morrison today. It is due Thursday. Already 100 pages into it, shouldn't be too bad. it is only 324 pages. I read another 100 pages then decided I needed a break. Decided it would be best to take a shower. That will delay my reading any further... however, not too sure about the showering conditions, since our shower hadn't been cleaned in probably two or three weeks (thank goodness for shower shoes). Grab all the proper materials to have a successful shower, and to my amazement, the bathroom has been cleaned and the shower looks cleaned! Washing the hair is still weird, and it takes some getting used to. I am used to standing in the shower for five minutes to just rinse all the soap out of my hair... now it takes me about 30 seconds. Finish that business and walk back to the room. Get dressed and pick up the book again. reading.... and more reading...

20 minutes later I am packing all my clothes that I brought with me to see if they can all fit into my backpacking backpack, since my suitcase is filled with books and other heavy shit. They can. After jumping around in joy, unpacked the backpack and re-folded all my clothes (talk about putting something off). Pick up the book again, realizing home isn't too far off and I will only have one suitcase and my backpack to hold all my stuff. Start reading...

10 minutes later I am thinking about the airport and seeing my momma and Stephanie there. God, how exciting... I was thinking about throwing all my shit on the ground as soon as I saw them and running. But it all played in slow motion with music in my head (I have a super imagination). Very dramatic. I get so excited I can't read, so I open up my lovely journal and start writing. That lasts about 5 minutes.

I decide I need to put in the contacts and do the makeup. I feel like a guy if I am not wearing makeup with this haircut, so I did that. That didn't take nearly as long as I wanted. Debated on whether or not I should wash my face and try a new colour. Decided not to.

Sat down on my bed and looked at the book and said "I WILL CONQUER YOU, BITCH!" and picked it up and started reading.

20 minutes later... I am here writing this blog. It is only 2.15pm. I don't need to start heading to class for about 3 hours and 30 minutes. What a great Monday.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

hilarious bit of procrastination!!!