Friday, April 20, 2007

I can have oodles of charm when I want to.

It is Friday. Everyone jump around in joy and do a little song. You know you want to. Nothing planned for today except working on my paper. I might go to the park and do a little reading. The park should be a good vision to see. Spring is here, and I am falling in love with this place. It is amazing how we came back from Italy and the trees now have flowers on them... more flowers are slowly appearing and it stays light out until 8.15ish. Granted, we still had a lot of green in the winter, but honestly, I find this place just beautiful. There are trees right on the sidewalk from ASDA that are so full of white flowers and low to the ground (i can hit my head on them) and they smell amazing. There are still big, fluffy clouds of white in the blue sky, but at least they are breaking up... not a constant fog/haze whatever you want to call it.

After talking to my cousin the other day, she told me that her husband's cousin met Augusten Burroughs. ok. jealous?! yeah. Totally. I have not read any of his other books besides Running with Scissors because I never bought them and I didn't have the time. I plan on conquering them this summer though. As well as the other 20 books I have that I haven't read yet. Anyway... off subject. It made me jealous, like it would anyone if they like his book. But then I started thinking about all the people I would love to meet. Dead and alive. Granted, if I do end up in a publishing house (very unlikely) I would be able to meet loads of authors. Here is a list off of the top of my head of the people I want to meet.

Jane Austen, Virgina Woolf, Sylvia Plath, Jim Adkins, Augusten Burroughs, Chuck Klosterman, Kurt Vonnegut, Damien Rice, TS Eliot, E.E. Cummings, Emily Dickenson, da Vinci, Charles Dickens, Edith Wharton, Mark Danielewski, Jackie O., JFK, Bill Clinton, Ellen DeGeneres, The Dali Lama, Irvine Welsh, Robert Frost, Saul Williams, Dave Eggers, Hunter S. Thompson, J.K. Rowling, Henry David Thoreau, Truman Capote, Albert Einstein, Abe Lincoln. Just to name a few.

Oxford tomorrow. Very exciting. The lady in my Story of English class told me that you can't miss the campus. Apparently most of the city if the campus, and then there are shopping areas and stuff around the city. So I am excited to walk around the campus and go into the library. I heard they have a grand library. There will be pictures either later tomorrow night or Sunday.

1 month.

No comments: