Today I woke up feeling awfully homesick. I don't really know why, or understand but I woke up feeling extremely sad and missing people. When I woke up, it was 8ish, so I called my friend Stephanie, because I knew she would be up back home since it was only 12. That helped a lot, but then I got a message from here that just made me cry. She's having a hard time, and I hate not being there for her. I know she will pull through, she's strong.
Finished the very rough draft of my paper about words so I can meet with my professor on Wednesday with it. I need to make sure I am doing it right, and what else I need to include in it. I need to get an A on the paper in order to get a C in her class, which will transfer to a B. I got the results from my American Literature paper... a B! woohoo! That is the boost that I need in order to continue. Seeing all these D grades just makes me not want to do anything. So now I have a little boost of self-esteem and confidence that I needed.
It is a cloudy day in England... shocking. It makes me want to stay in bed all day. I am not going to because that doesn't do me any good. I don't want to be sad and depressed all day. There is a football game right now and it is so amazing how crazy these people get. I want to go to one, but I don't know how much it costs and it almost frightens me. The British take their football seriously. And what I am hearing is only university football. I can't even imagine what it is like for a professional football game. I might do some reading, or some writing. Haven't been able to do that. I accomplished my goal today which was to finish the draft of my paper. I am sure later I will start my other paper. I just want to get this all over with so I can enjoy the rest of my time here and travel and just take it easy until my finals.
No comments:
Post a Comment