Wednesday, April 25, 2007

the friends that come and go, but never forgotten

There is a lady in Story of English class who I have become quiet fond of and enjoy. We always sit next to each other and just have loads of fun. We make little side comments about the teacher or the people in class, and just laugh. She travels a lot, and I like to live vicariously through her journeys to places I wont be able to see for awhile. Anyway, today was our last day in this class and unexpectedly, Hilary (which comes from the Latin word hilarious... means cheerful) pulled out a bag and said something along the lines of "Happy early birthday. It is safe to say I am going to miss you. It has been wonderful this semester" I adore her... she is simply amazing. She grew up in the hippie era, and still has a little of it in her... she is just so darn funny. I get home and I open the card, which is incredible by itself and then the two presents. This is what I got...

I got a bottle of sparkling wine from Barcelona Spain, some chocolate and of course the card. It was so very considerate of her to get me all these lovely things. It really was unexpected, and i am so very thankful. She gave me her e-mail address and said to keep in touch (which i plan on doing), and that I can come and stay with them anytime I like, and to bring my mum too. haha she is so lovely. I will miss her friendship... she is the only friend I have made in a class... every other class I am that girl that sits by herself and doesn't speak.
The week is slowly getting better. two of my best friends talked to my yesterday, which made me so very happy. I hadn't talked to them in a very long time (besides the e-mail) so talking to them over AIM really just made me happy. They are going back home on the 7th of may. Samantha's parents are there in Mexico until they leave. Their last day of school is Thursday. Lucky. Half way point for the week... very excited about that, but it also means I have a lot to accomplish this next week. Only one more class today and then one tomorrow and that is it. In a week from today, it will already be the second of May!

1 comment:

Jeri said...

at first I thought it said I am the girl that sits in the back of her class and talks to herself....I'm not awake yet....lovely b-day gifts...she sounds wonderful and you must keep in touch with her. xoxoxo