Best question today; "You have a lot of... gay friends. are you OK with that?"
Some people just crack me up... because they are ridiculous and the things that come out of their mouths are so... stupid. But I couldn't help but laugh. I was thinking to myself "Did you really just say that? People really say these things?!" Laughter cures any problem... even if the problem goes away for only 5 minutes. It was 5 minutes that we forget about whatever is bothering us and just laugh.
Tuesday is gone now. The sun is slowing setting and probably wont set for another hour. it is 7.43 pm as I write this. I don't have class on Tuesdays so I try and use it the best way I can, which in the past couple of weeks has been to do nothing. If you were all wondering if I finished Beloved, I did... last night after my class. Nevertheless, I spent today getting ready for the day and going to the library to pick up some last minute sources for my essay that I have been working on for the past three weeks. However, after getting my paper back last night from another class, I am not feeling confident in my writing. I got a D on said paper, and while I am very glad it isn't an "E" (F) it still makes me feel stupid. The main problem; not enough secondary reading to support my argument. Too much reading of the text to support my argument. This is what I do back home. I analyze texts and do it very well, if I do say so myself. My Kurt Cobain paper is by far my favorite piece of prose I have ever written. I talked with the professor and he said that I had an argument, he just wanted more secondary reading and knowledge than what I gave him. So my next paper will be filled with secondary sources so I get an A on it... I am determined. Anyway, I have a paper due tomorrow... and this professor is so unapproachable as well as the hardest in the English Department here. So lets just say I tried my best. I am hoping for at least a C, but if I get a D, that is OK with me... better than an E (F). So the next three weeks... my Tuesdays, Thursdays and part of Fridays will be spent in the library, gathering material to write two more papers and then I am done with papers and just have two tests.
On a lighter note, Oxford is this Saturday and I couldn't be more excited to leave this town again. I am hoping that they drop us off by the campus so I can spend the whole day there... pretending to be a student. Buy a shirt or two and just enjoy a different college. I like Wolverhampton for small things that I find kind and lovable... but there are things that I hate about this city. It comes with every city you live in I guess. I have been here 12 weeks already! I guess the time has flown by... I realized it today when I was looking at my planner. When I am done with this, I will have spent 1/3 of the year in England. Crazy to think about because a lot of people (myself included) thought I couldn't do it.
Being far away has also made me realize the people I truly care about... with friends. I have realized I can live without a few and suffer immensely without some. I have about 5 or 6 friends who I miss to the point where I cry. The bonds I have created with some people these past three years of college are (I believe) strong enough to last a lifetime. I have also realized that my mom is an amazing woman. Being here has put a lot in perspective for me. Granted, I have my moments where I want to rip off her head and put it on a stick outside (and i am sure she wants to do the same to me at times), I would not be the person I am now without her. Things may not be the way they used to, and they probably never will be... but there is still a lifetime of making new memories and a new bond. Something to look forward to upon my return.
I plan on having tonight to myself. A night where I don't do any work, because honestly, I have been doing a great job by keeping up with all my stuff. I want to relax. Watch a movie and enjoy the things I have accomplished thus far.
1 comment:
aahhh...distance, heart, fonder :>)
Post a Comment