- the elevators talk to you. i have become quite good at sounding exactly like it. "4th floor" "Doors closing" "Going down" "ground level" "Mind the doors" i am already annoyed with our elevator here.
- NO SPEED LIMITS! i didnt notice until aunt dolores said something about it while we were in london.
- people are actually nice on the roads. they let people go in front of them, and everyone waves a thank you. also, they don't use their horns! very different than the US
- no tax on stuff! when it says 7.99 i pay exactly 7.99. amazing.
- text messaging is cheaper and more common here. i thought my friends were bad, everywhere i go people are on their phone sending messages to their friends.
- the vendors selling sandwiches and stuff on the street are the friendliest of people. always adding "love" or "sweetheart" to end of everything. feels like they are more genuine than people in US.
- the food i wouldn't eat in the US that are sold from a little box thing in the middle or side of the road is actually really good. i had an extremely good pork sandwich today.
- people who are selling stuff on the street get the fact that when i say "no" i mean no, and not to bother me anymore.
- smart cars. i saw one parked weird today. there were two cars that had parallel parked, and then this smart car just backed in with the end of the car towards the curb and the front of the car facing the street. if you were to get into a crash with that, you would die.
I am halfway around the world from all I know. It is scary and amazing at the same time. I am a junior at Northern Arizona University studying English, but for this semester, I am in Wolverhampton England. I plan on traveling a lot as well as growing up and becoming a better person. Join me on my journey... it will be a bumpy ride, so wear your seatbelts!!
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Things that are different here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All these little naunces are crazy. maybe I spelled that wrong.
Go to my blog and see where I am going this weekend. It aint Paris.. but cool still
Post a Comment