Yesterday I didn't have any class so I took it as an opportunity to do some things that needed to be done. I woke up and walked to the International Office where I talked with my academic advisor here to see what classes I can take to replace my German class. All the classes I wrote down work, and I picked The Story of English. I will get credit for it back home, but it will not go with my major, soooo it is just an easy credit, which is a-ok with me. I then decided I needed to go into town and see some things. Now, I don't like to explore too much at first because I don't want to get lost, so I just walked up and down Lichfield street. Lots of little stores and cafe's around. Also dropped some things at the post which was a 15 minute wait. oi. After that, I went into the City Centre where all the shopping malls and more shops are. Walked into a few stores, but a pair of shoes was like 60 pounds, which is 120 dollars. No, thank you. I will keep my 60 pounds. I did find a TK Maxx, which must be the same as TJ Max in states. I found a wicked cute bag there for only 7.99 (in pounds, not US money. i cant figure out how to make the pound sign yet). After that I went into St. Peters church just so I could get away from the construction that is going on right next to my bedroom and have a quiet thinking place. It smells old... I love that smell. Dunsmuir smelt like that too. Something about old wood makes me smile. I sat in there for about 10 minutes, just looking around and thinking to myself, giving myself an ego boost to help me with the rest of the day.
Once I was done there, I decided I should do my laundry. Well, first off, when I went to buy laundry soap it took me about 10 minutes to figure out which one was soap and which one was conditioner. I went down into the laundry room (laundry is FREE! WOOHOO) and looked at the machine and told it "I will conquer you and figure you out. you will not fool me!" Oi, their machines are weird. You don't open it from the top, but the side... and then you have to pull out a little tray thing and there are three holes that have specific purposes. I just put my stuff in the biggest one. There is also weird buttons for water or something? It says like 20, 30 then 30 with a line under it, 60, 60 with a line under it and 90. I just pushed the one the machine had already highlighted. I sat there for about 10 minutes, hoping I did it right. Everything seemed to be running smoothly, so I went back into my room. 20 minutes later, I put them in the dryer (those were just like ours) and 30 minutes later I had fresh smelling clothes.
That was pretty much my whole day. I read a bit and wrote a little bit, but nothing to brag about.
I got invited to a birthday party for one of the ladies here in the dorm where I had cheese pie? It was ok... I wouldn't eat it all the time, but jesus christ they were persistent on me eating like 4 servings. I had one serving of the cheese pie and one serving of this cake thing that they made. It was nice because I met some of the other girls in this section, but I am so shy I just stood there and watched everyone. A few girls did come up to me and talk with me, so that was nice. They are all really nice and I felt bad for being shy, but they understood... I am new and it will take me awhile to bust out of my shell.
Soon after that, I went to bed. I was awoken at 3 in the morning to the dood next to me SNORING LIKE A FREAKIN LAWNMOWER. OH. MY. GOD. how miserable. Since he was snoozing so well, I called my mom since it was only 7pm there. After we got off the phone I tried so hard to sleep. I pounded on the wall a couple times but he was OUT. so I got my ipod and gave that a shot. I usually can't sleep with music in my ears because I always end up singing or listening to the lyrics. But, I guess it worked because I only got through the 4th song and then don't remember anything. I am going to run to the store to see if I can find ear plugs. Hopefully they will have some there.
I only have one class today and that is not until 2. But I need to meet with my professor from Monday night at 12 to discuss with him about his class and the difficulty of it because when he was talking, I was like... "oh crap. what have I gotten myself into"
The sun is out today, and it is a nice change. Maybe it will warm up a bit. I doubt it seeing as there are clouds coming at a rapid pace to hide the sun yet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment